Maxon has unveiled Cinema 4D R16, the next generation release of the company’s flagship 3D software.
In addition to workflow enhancements, R16’s new features include a modeling PolyPen ‘super-tool’, a Motion Tracker for integrating 3D content within live footage, and a Reflectance material channel for multi-layered reflections and specularity.
Key features include:
- Motion Tracker – Integration of 3D elements into real-world footage.
- Interaction Tag – Control over 3D objects and works with Tweak mode to provide information on object movement and highlighting.
- PolyPen – Paint polygons and move, clone, cut and weld points or edges of 3D models.
- Bevel Deformer – Non-destructive and animatable bevels.
- Sculpting – Numerous improvements and dynamic features for precision.
- All-new Cogwheel spline primitive; Mesh Check tool; Deformer Falloff options, and cap enhancements.
- Reflectance Channel – Added control over reflections and specularity within a single new channel, with multiple layers for creating complex surfaces.
- New Render Engine for Hair and Sketch – A new unified effects render engine to seamlessly raytrace Hair and Sketch lines.
- Team Render Server – Enhancements including a new client-server architecture.
PERFORMANCE & WORKFLOW
- Revised Content Library
- Support for the current versions of FBX and Alembic
- New Solo button
- New UV Peeler
Shipping this month, R16 will be available in Australia and New Zealand from Adimex Cinema 4D resellers. Customers with current Maxon service agreements (MSA) will receive R16 automatically.
Source: media release
Australian/New Zealand distribution
Adlimex: (02) 9431 6060 or www.adimex.com.au