Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
The Technical Services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of the AURA show, Quartz Mine, Secret Chamber, Trapped, Red Hill Mine, Woah Hawp canton, Chinese Village, and Bright Visions displays. The team ensures all displays are maintained and operated correctly to internal standards. Other areas of responsibility include all site electrical services and supplies, testing and tagging of portable appliances and fire detection alarm systems.
The Technical Services Technician is responsible for providing specialist technical support (including electrical) throughout the organisation. Working as part of the technical services team in the technical aspects of
the AURA show, Quartz Mine, Secret Chamber, Red Hill Mine, BV displays, Chinese Village, Woah Hawp, Gold Museum, Testing and Tagging and general electrical maintenance ensuring all displays are operation correctly to internal standards.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role or with technical theatre productions, audio visual/sound roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of AV equipment, lighting systems and show control
- Previous experience with AV applications such as AMX, GrandMA, ETC, Dynalite,
- Medialon would be highly regarded
- Have an understanding of ICT and networking protocols
- Previous experience with Fire detection systems would be highly regarded
- Ability to read and interrupt schematic diagrams, panel drawings and rack layouts
- Must be a self-starter, extremely well organised, enthusiastic and possess excellent communication skills • Willingness to obtain “A” grade electrician licence if required
- Excellent computer skills with a comprehensive knowledge of computers and software pertaining to programming shows
- Competent in the use of all power, hand tools and various equipment
- Ability and willingness to work across flexible rosters including rostered on call work, weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Demonstrated fault finding skills and accurate reporting skills are essential
A Certificate or Diploma in a Technical or Electrical discipline would be highly regarded and pay levels will be determined by any qualifications that are obtained in line with the Sovereign Hill Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015. If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
For full details on the position including the required Key Selection Criteria and information on how to apply, please visit our website at sovereignhill.com.au/careers.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 5TH MAY 2019
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children and pre-employment medical checks.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers →