About the role
We have an opening in our Melbourne office for a Senior Systems Engineer – Team Leader with a “Can do” Attitude. As a team leader in our Engineering Division you will provide technical guidance and expertise, while supporting and managing the team.
- Contribute to Audio Visual System design from both technical specifications and project briefs
- Documentation of system schematic diagrams, cabling spreadsheets and room layouts
- Provide system design solutions to meet written specifications at both the tender stage as well as project commencement
- Investigation of new technology including implementation and integration
- Document management for system drawings and project correspondence
- Technical writing of project documentation including, but not limited to, narrative descriptions, quality and commissioning procedures and operation and maintenance manuals
- Design of custom mounting hardware and brackets for audio visual equipment
- Design and CAD of custom metal wall plates / floor box plates for both in-house and external manufacturing
- Provide technical support to installation and projects departments
- Provide technical support to the sales / estimating department with system design and product functionality knowledge
- Provide on-site technical system commissioning at the completion of a project for more complex and advanced installations
- Attend new product / technology training courses as they become available / necessary
- Checking and approving timesheets and leave requests of System Engineers that directly report to this role
- Allocate work to engineers in collaboration with the Project Co-ordinator, Operations Managers & Project Managers.
- Co-ordinate monthly engineering team meetings with Senior Field Engineer
- Develop the engineering team to become an effective central resource within the company
- Assist with developing and maintaining applicable standards and procedures for the Systems Engineering Team
- Assist with Engineering staff performance reviews
- Attend monthly national engineering meetings
- Strong knowledge of video, audio and control systems
- Standard computer skills based on Microsoft Windows 7
- Strong knowledge for Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Drafting capabilities using AutoCAD 2016
- A Bachelor of Engineering – Electronics or relevant experience is desirable
- Excellent communication, and leadership skills
- Strong Team player
- Current valid driver’s license
How to apply
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
- Please click ‘Apply for job’ below and send your application to the specified email address.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com